If you’re looking at how to take your business or career to the next level, consider focusing on building your personal brand. This means coming out from the shadows of your business or growing your profile in the industry you work in. Positioning yourself as an expert in your field gives you:
· Leverage when it comes to seeking strategic partnerships.
· Credibility as someone who knows the ins and outs of their industry and its players.
· Media opportunities.
· A strong personal network.
· Someone who people come to for advice and assistance.
So how do you do it?
· Write – start with your own blog and write about what you know, what you think and feel about your industry. Become an expert or thought leader for your industry. Once you’re comfortable (or even if you’re not), start asking to write for other blogs and publications.
· Network – attend networking events specific to your industry as well as general business events and workshops. The more you make yourself and your expertise known, the more connections you’ll make. But remember to consider how you can help those you meet or connect them with potential customers. Networking isn’t all about you!
· Collaborate – find businesses with likeminded audiences then work together to create great offers for both groups of customers.