I’m assuming that because you have your own business, you’re pretty good at something, right? Whether it’s service-based or perhaps a handmade product and many things in between, holding an event for your customers (potential or existing) is a great tool for business growth for many reasons. If you’re an expert in something, why not share it around? Teach your craft, show off your talent, help people.
Holding an event or workshop gives you:
1. The opportunity to share your knowledge
2. The chance to get to know your customers (and for them to get to know you!) and introduce yourself to prospective customers
3. If the event is news-worthy, get a media release out there and even invite someone from your local newspaper to come along
Ideas for holding an event might be:
· To launch a new product or service
· To treat your best customers to a VIP, invite only experience as a thank you
· To educate people about what you do and how you can help them
· To celebrate a new location
· To bring other business owners together from a similar field, so you’re offering a range of speakers or exhibitors rather than just yourself
· To celebrate a national day related to your field (if there isn’t one, you can actually start your own)
So, have a think about what type of event you could hold which would benefit your customers, gain some exposure for your business and potentially convert some sales whether during the event or after. Good luck!