Every online business needs to build an email list. This is something that should be worked on every single day. An email list is a database of prospects who have willingly given you their email address so that you can send them information about your products or services.
If you’re not building an email list for your business, you need to start today. Here’s how you can do it in 3 easy steps.
Step 1. Get Your Website Up To Date
To build an email list, you’re going to need a website or blog as the base for your online business. There are plenty of online tutorials that show you how to build a website or blog from scratch and get it live on the internet.
If you want to get moving quicker, you can outsource the whole website building project. There are freelance workers online who can build and handle the entire website building process for you. You can find them on websites like Elance and UpWork.
2. Give Something Away In Exchange For Someone’s Email Address
Once somebody has visited your website there is no guarantee that they will ever return. So you need to capture their email address so that you can take your online business to them, rather than hoping that they will come back to you.
The key email list building strategy is to offer your prospects something of value for free, in return for their email address. And this is simple to produce:
- Open a new text document.
- Create a list of resources, a problem-solving guideline, a how-to document, a quick-start guide or some other useful, element of content.
- Ensure that the content complements the subject matter of your website.
- Include graphics or video as required. Use bullet points for reader engagement and helpful step-by-step teaching.
- Add your logo, contact details and links back to your website or blog.
- Save in PDF format.
This is PDF file is then uploaded to your website. When somebody signs-up to your email list, you can send them the link to download the freebie from your website.
3. Sign Up To An Autoresponder Service
An autoresponder service will automatically send an email with a link to download your freebie as soon as somebody has submitted their email address on the form. You can use it to create an email capture form that you can place on your website or blog.
Autoresponder software allows you to easily grow your list. You can use it to collect email addresses, contact old clients, communicate with existing ones and cross sell your products and services.