An employee spends the majority of their day (8 to 10 hours) in the office.Space is provided and belongs to the employer and shared with many employees. Your own space/cubicle can be personalized according to your style and needs. While decorating your own space/cubicle there are some points that you should take care of:
- Understand the policies of the company. Do not keep any offensive memorabilia, images etc.
- Try to keep memorabilia that could boost your morale – like a medal or certification. You can also keep post-it with good comments or feedbacks from your team members.
- Not to clutter your space between you and your colleague. This could obstruct communication.
- Keep all essentials like a diary, napkin, and stationary etc. all in a drawer.
- Have the practice to clean your desk at the end of every week. Do not waste time arranging the desk at the start of your shift.
The office decor needs to have a professional touch. The touch is added with glass furnishings, office table/desk, and comfortable office chairs.Your office space should reflect positivity, which would help nurture your work
- Plan the decor theme of your office.
Before renovating your office plan the decor theme. The aesthetics of the office always matters.
- White is the most used color as the color is pristine and represents cleanliness. There can be many color combinations used with white in form of office furniture, stationary etc. can be used. White is a good choice for a professional space for the law or financial offices.
- The blue color is for stability which gives a dependable and authentic look. Blue also releases a feeling of relaxation and improves the thinking process.
- The green color is one color that makes you bond with nature. The green color is usually added to the office through the medium of plants or green walls. The best color combination with green is the yellow shade.
- The red color may be bright but this color induces energy and passion for the work.The color should be added in form of interiors highlighting the space. The red color is known to raise the adrenaline and helps to concentrate better at work.
- The orange color is one color that is highly accepted by the millennial. This color increases mental stimulation and provides encouragement. Being a highly visible color it attracts attention and brings happiness.
The key to a good office decor is to have pleasing and high energetic colors that are visible and has the ability to induce the encouragement.Many creative agency offices viz. Google, Facebook, Adobe etc. have vibrant and bright color offices. Add a decorative background with various wallpapers that are available in furniture stores.
These colors can be added either through furniture, paintings, and plants. Not all colors will blend on the wall or in the decor, but somehow be added for touch. The decorations should resonate with your style and personality.
- Add some flora.
Adding green plants make a lot of difference in any decor. You can use colorful pots – white pots or geometric pots or even paint the pot by yourself to add your touch. Indoor plants are the way to go. Plants like succulents are the best to grow in the office. They do not require much of sunlight but they do add color.
- Office supplies
Nowadays there are great office supplies that can add color. Having colorful office supplies also helps in management. You can also have a filing system in order – for good management. Add some color to your cup, colorful pens/pencils, board pins, stickers etc.
Offices need to have proper lighting otherwise space can get gloomy. It is best to have natural sunlight in the office coming in through big windows. Lights also play a vital role in enhancing the appeal of the room. You can have pendant lights, wall lights or table lamps spruce up the area which is economical and environmentally friendly. Lighting boosts the productivity of the employees. Bulbs designed by companies like Philips and Wipro have a good design and easy on the pocket too.
Your office workplace can inspire you to wake up with a new zest for work every morning. The work environment should induce working habits but with a pinch of fun for further motivations. It is human nature that one can get distracted after a certain period of time and hence they require a little push. Offices of Google, Facebook and Adobe are full of colors and work. They are the best example of a cool work decor and effort.
Decorating your office does not need to be heavy on the wallets. Anyone can do small things just to add your element to your own space. The place should feel like a home. The feeling of having your own comfort zone helps in concentrating more on work and foster creative ideas. Keep your desk and office space tidy by adding containers, better management through a filing system and bundle your wires together. Have an uncluttered office for a productive day.
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home decor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home decor pieces for your home at Lalco Interiors Furniture Shops In Bangalore