Eyes are just as important as any part of the body! Perhaps one of the most vital parts of the human constitution. So, it would be a good idea to know all about the laser eye surgery that people have been raving about. It is true that you do not aspire to become an eye surgeon. But, we are willing to share some information with you. Why you ask? Well, having knowledge about the surgery you are going to have, is always a good way to cool the nerves.
Eye surgeons perform laser eye surgery at George St Eye Centre in Sydney with great finesse. All you need to do is find one for yourself in your own city! There must be many, but, take the time to find a reputed one. They will even offer technicalities and make you feel at ease. But, we are going to help you to muster up the courage to approach such a centre!
LASIK and Laser Eye Surgery
LASIK is short for a very interesting eye surgery procedure! Well, it is interesting for the eye surgeons. It is short for Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis. Now, the name might sound complex, but it is a fairly simple procedure. But, it is not for everyone! So, you need to understand whether it is for you or not! Most eligible patients pick LASIK over other types of eye surgery. So, here goes! All that you need to know about LASIK laser eye surgery.
LASIK Eye Surgery
It is one of the most popular options for people to resolve common vision problems. It can be used for solving issues like near-sightedness and farsightedness to name some. A surgeon who is trained in ophthalmic surgery can perform this procedure (just make sure that the surgeon is experienced and skilled).
An “excimer” laser is used to reshape the cornea. This surgery eliminates the need for glasses and contact lenses, post-surgery. The best part about this surgery is that you can have surgery in both eyes on the same day and join work within a week or two.
Eligibility for LASIK Eye Surgery
Here are a few eligibility points for this kind of surgery:
1. No one below the age of 18 should have this surgery.
2. The patient should have a common kind of vision problem, like near-sightedness, astigmatism or farsightedness.
3. The patient should be in good health.
4. The patient should not have had any kind of eye surgery previously.
5. The patient should not be under any kind of medication.
6. If the patient has thin corneas, it is better to opt for other corrective surgery.
Have a chat with your surgeon to decide if you are eligible or not.
Aspects you need to consider before opting for Laser Eye Surgery
1. Always follow the pre-surgery instructions that are provided.
2. Laser surgery is an outpatient surgical procedure, so you will be awake during surgery. A few drops of anaesthetics are applied in your eye, to make the eye surface numb.
3. There is nothing to worry about because the surgery is painless and quick.
4. Once the surgery is over and you might even start to see immediately.
5. Your eyes need protection from bright light for some weeks, post the surgery.
6. Eye drops will be needed for some months after the surgery.
Always stay indoors, at least for 3 days, once the surgery is complete.
Now, you should feel a bit relaxed! If you are still feeling perplexed, then talk to the surgeons. They will make you aware of the deeper intricacies. Find a reputed centre and correct your vision! Why wear glasses or irritable contact lenses when you can lead a free life?! No more dependencies on glasses and lenses! See the world in new light and vision!