These Luscious Lemon Syrup Cakes are our favourite recipe at the moment! Not only do they taste divine, they are also amazingly sugar-free, low carb, gluten-free and all natural! They’re citrusy and delicate in texture and would be perfect for a morning or afternoon tea.
Makes 16 cupcakes
- 1 packet of Anna’s Low Carb Cupcake Mix
- 2 whole medium lemons – 300g
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 (175ml) cup milk of choice
- 100g melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Low Carb Icing Mix
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Prepare a mini cupcake tray with 16 wrappers. Spray the wrappers well (we used coconut oil spray).
- Place 2 washed medium lemons in a microwave-safe bowl covered with water and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Cut lemons in half. Save 1/2 a lemon for the icing.
Place other remaining 3 halves in a blender/food processor with the 3/4 cup milk, 100g melted butter and 2 eggs. Blend until smooth.
- Place the vanilla cupcake mix into a bowl and pour the lemon mix on top.
- Gently mix until just combined, folding through.
- Portion into 16 small muffin wrappers that have been sprayed with oil to prevent sticking.
- Bake mini muffins on 160 deg for 20 minutes or until just golden.
- Scoop the pulp/juice from the half lemon you saved into a small bowl and remove the seeds.
- Add 1/4 cup of our Low Carb Icing Mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir to combine.
- It should be very runny and look like a glaze. If need be, add a tablespoon of water.
- Microwave 30 seconds to melt and make a syrup.
- Once the cupcakes are ready, spoon over the glaze whilst still warm and dust with icing mix.
Storage: Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For the greater low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free recipes, visit annaslowcarbkitchen.com.au/recipes