A brand mascot is one of the most effective tools to breathe new life into your business. They help you to expand your brand and reach higher demographics. They are basically the faces which lend a distinct character to your business, helping it to differentiate itself from the vast ocean-like competition. They can be inspired from people, animals, objects etc. as long as it’s something that represents your company, and resonates with your target audience.
To be honest, we all grew up seeing our favourite cute mascots, be it on cereal boxes or on the television. They made eating cereals even more fun, or made every small kid want to try even adult like items like fabric softener. Brand mascots have been around for a long time, maybe as long as advertising has been a thing. They act as real-life brand ambassadors with human contact and are used to make brands more appealing to the customers or inject some humour into any boring product industry. So, it’s time you find your own perfectly customized mascot for your brand. Worried about where to find a great mascot costume maker in Melbourne? GoGo Fish International is one of the best and leading names in the logo and mascot costume making business. They ensure to provide the best quality costumes at the best prices for their customers, which act as solid pillars in their marketing schemes.
Techniques that help brand mascots to connect with customers on social media
Brand mascots have finally taken on a digital presence and found the perfect home in social media. But how do you make complete use of that? Once the brand mascot account is made, it’s not the end of story. Most of the brands don’t know what type of content to put out there. Consider the following factors and your brand mascot will successfully prove its worth on social media:
- User-generated content: These accounts are perfect for sharing user-generated content that your brand receives. Followers of brand-mascot accounts are more forgiving of an influx of re-tweets than generally brand page followers. So, promote customers who show their love for the brand on social media through your brand mascot account, and you shall be doing a good deed.
- Humour and wit: Now, it’s very important that your brand mascot account content reflects great humour and a unique personality. When a brand acts on the behalf of its mascot, it has a lot of flexibility when it comes to matters of eccentric humour to let the personality shine. So, make sure to use that sense of humour as an added perk to attract audiences.
- Fan-engaging: For many brands, getting the customers to engage with their content is a very tough task. But when you sport a fun and quirky character through the content, the customer interaction becomes much easier. Followers will readily connect with the brand mascot content if presented in a clever and conversational way.
- Content theme/Hashtag: Brand mascot accounts are the best to be associated with hashtags or themes that are inspired by the mascot’s personality. Whichever sector your brand may be specialised in, your mascot can share tips, tricks, memes etc. accordingly with the help of a certain hashtag. This hashtag will help to guide your customers to your post topics and will have a valuable social listening set-up.
- Capture people’s passion: It’s very important that you use your mascot content to hone in on what your customers love about your brand/product. You need to find the correct balance between providing valuable content to your followers, as well as advertising your product/brand through it. Just make sure to tap into your follower’s passing points with the content and you are sorted.
These are the few techniques that will help you to do brand mascot marketing on social media in the best way possible. Follow these, put out the best thought-out and fun content out there, and your brand and its mascot will be one of the people’s favourite.